Women and Heart Disease
This course is in partnership with Pedagogy Continuing Nurse Education. After purchasing, we will send you credentials to begin your online course.
Contact Hours: 2
This course is designed for nurse generalists that perform patient care in med-surg, acute care, and private practice settings. The purpose of the “Women and Heart Disease” online continuing education course is to assist nurses in identifying the signs/symptoms, causes, and differences in cardiac presentations of female patients. The nurse will become knowledgeable of the common signs & symptoms female patients present with active heart disease. The nurse will learn the causes of heart disease in women and the differences in heart disease presentation in female patients as compared to male patients.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Complete a physiology review of the cardiovascular system.
- Understand the causes of cardiac disease.
- Identify the factors contributing to cardiac disease in women as compared to men.
- Reference the incidence, prevalence, and cost of cardiac disease in women.
- Reference current research, protocols and treatment for treating cardiac disease in women.
3 in stock